Pope Francis’s Five Finger Prayer
1. The Thumb: The closest finger to us reminds us to pray for those who are closest to us.
2. The Index Finger: The pointing finger reminds us to pray
for wisdom and support for those who teach us and show us the way.
3. The Middle Finger: The tallest finger reminds us to pray for guidance for our leaders and those in positions of authority.
4. The Ring Finger: Our weakest finger reminds us to pray for the weakest in society, like those who are sick, poor or are having problems.
5. The Little Finger: The smallest finger reminds us to pray for ourselves. When we have prayed for the other four groups, we will be able to pray for our own needs, but from the proper perspective.